Teri Bragg

Teri Jean Anderson Bragg was a tenacious businesswoman who considered giving up when the coronavirus COVID-19 pandemic hit in mid-March 2020.

And even though she was forced to close her popular restaurant, known as The Yesterday Cafe, in downtown Greensboro for a period of time, she never wavered from her belief that she would open again.

In fact, she seemed more determined than ever before to succeed.

After reopening the restaurant, famously known for its world-class buttermilk pies, Teri Bragg never missed a beat.

She and her staff’s number one goal at the restaurant was to provide the best, most delicious meals for their customers every time the doors were opened. And they did it with quality service.

For that’s the only way Teri Bragg would have it.

She was particular about everything and wanted every meal to be served to the customer’s satisfaction.

“I love owning my own business and serving the customers,” she often said when interviewed about her restaurant.

She loved the restaurant being located in downtown Greensboro, because she had established a close bond and friendship with so many other business owners downtown.

“This is home and I don’t plan to go anywhere,” Bragg said in one of her last interviews with The Herald-Journal.

Her smile was contagious and genuine, and she never seemed to meet a stranger.

No matter how busy she became in the restaurant, Bragg always found time to talk with customers and welcome them back.

Today, an entire town of people along with others elsewhere, are mourning her death.

The well-known businesswoman, and mother of four sons and a daughter, was found dead in her residential swimming pool in Greensboro last Friday morning.

Jeff Smith, coroner, said he pronounced Bragg dead at 11:15 a.m. last Friday.

Smith said an autopsy was performed at the Georgia Bureau of Investigation Crime Laboratory in Decatur. The autopsy determined the actual manner and cause of death. Results of the autopsy was accidental drowning.

Bragg’s body was discovered by a couple of employees who had gone to her residence to check on her since she had not arrived at the restaurant and reportedly could not be reached by phone.

Officers and detectives with the Greensboro Police Department also arrived a short time later to begin an immediate death investigation. The probe was led by Greensboro Assistant Police Chief Tommy Nelson.

A celebration of life will be held at Goodwin Manor, 306 S. Main Street, in Greensboro, starting at 11 a.m. on Saturday, Sept. 11. Visitation will be held at McCommons Funeral Home from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 10.


(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.