Thursday, Nov. 21
• WyldLife Club meeting, 7:02 p.m. at the Young Life Barn.
• The Morgan County Retired Educators Association will meet on November 21 at 11:00 at the Primary School media center. The program topic will be on new technology in the classroom. All members are invited to attend.
• Open House at new shop Ava Alexander from 4 p.m. until 8 p.m. at 202 West Washington St., in Madison across from Town Park. Refreshments and door prizes will be on hand.
Friday, Nov. 22
• Kick off to Rutledge Christmas in the Country 5:30pm-8:00pm
•Downtown Rutledge Merchants annual Christmas open house from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. Saturday and Sunday – The Annual Rutledge Christmas in the Country event in downtown Rutledge. Vendors in the park, activities for children, Big Kev’s famous BBQ and other foods, Holiday entertainment
Saturday, Nov. 23
• Christmas in the Country Arts & Crafts Fair in Downtown Rutledge 706-474-2290
• Springfield Missionary Baptist Church will host a Kingdom Builder’s Men Breakfast at 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. Pastor Marcus Young of Chestnut Grove Baptist Church will be the guest speaker.
• Fall Wagon Rides at Hard Labor Creek State Part. Rides start at the top of the hour and last about one hour departing from the Trading Post/Park Office. Cost is $5 plus $5 parking. For more information, call 706-557-3001.
Sunday, November 24
• Springfield Missionary Baptist Church will have their Annual Family and Friends’ Day program at 10:30 a.m. • The New Bethel Baptist Church , at 1110 Oconee Road, Buckhead, invites all to the church’s 126th anniversary this Sunday, Nov. 24 at 11 a.m.
• Atlanta Audubon Beginners Bird Walk at Hard Labor Creek State Park from 8-11 a.m. The field trip is designed for anyone interested in learning more about birds, habitats critical to some species and organizations like the Audubon Society, which are dedicated to bird conservation. Meet at the Park Office/Trading Post. Cost: $5 parking. Call 706-557-3001 for more information.
Tuesday, November 26
• Springfield Missionary Baptist Church will have Pre-Thanksgiving services at 7 p.m. Rev. David T. Batts, pastor of New Life Bible Church; Athens, Ga will be the guest speaker.
Thursday, November 28
• The Annual Community Thanksgiving Feeding will be held at the Morgan County High School on Thanksgiving Day from 10 a.m. to 1 p,m, If there is anyone that would like a meal, call 706-342-4260 by November 25.
Friday, Nov. 29
• Bow Wow Breakfast, The Humane Society of Morgan County, at The Lions Club from 7-11am. Helping heal the hurt of injured and sick animals. Tickets are $10.00. Call 706-343-9977.
Saturday, Nov. 30
• Newborn Dixie Jubilee at the Historic School House at 4326 Hwy. 142, Newborn. Special gospel show featuring Logan Smith, the Dixie Gentlemen and other guest. Doors open at 5 p.m. and the show runs 6-9 p.m. Admission is free, so come out and enjoy some great gospel music. Where there’s Smoke BBQ, we’ll be there. For more information call Steve Biggers, 770-786-8662.
• Firewise “Communities Compatible with Nature” Colunteer event, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Hard Labor Creek State Park. Join Georgia Forestry Commission State Parks Staff, and Friends of Hard Labor Creek State Park for this “service learning” day at Camp Rutledge. Built in the 1930s by the Civilian Conservation Corps, Camp Rutledge is a Georgia treasure. To help protect these buildings, we are asking for help in making the camp more “fire wise.” We will need help raking and blowing debris from around the buildings and trimming brush and branches away from the many old cabins in this area/ Register in advance. Cost: $5 parking. Call 706-557-3001.
Sunday, Dec. 1
• Botanical Nativity Art Exhibit, at the Madison Museum of Fine Arts. For more information call 706-485-4530 or visit www.mmofa.org.
• Buckhead Tree Lighiting 6:00 p.m. at Buckhead Town Park. Choirs. local singers, snacks, and hot chocolate, as well as Santa and Mrs. Claus, will be on hand for this festive occasion.
Monday, Dec. 2
• Young Life Club meeting, 7:27 p.m. at the Young Life Barn.
Tuesday, Dec. 3
• Atlanta Symphony Orchestra Holiday Concert at MMCC – 8pm – 706-342-4743
Wednesday, Dec. 4
• Storyteller Miss Renee at the Morgan County Library beginning at 9:50 a.m. Call 706-342-1206 for more information.
Thursday, Dec. 5
• Hospital Auxiliary Love Light Tree Reception @ Heritage Hall 5:30 706-342-4644 • 30th Annual Town & Country Holiday Tour of Homes – Chamber of Commerce 706-342-4454
• The Morgan County Library will have a navigator for Affordable Health Insurance at the library on Dec. 5 at 6 p.m.
Saturday, Dec. 7
• Winter Wonder Hike on Brantley Nature Trail 1-4 p.m. at Hard Labor Creek State Park. Join a park ranger on this winter hike on the Brantley Horse Trail. This five-mile guided hike is the perfect winter outing and a cure for the winter duldrums. Take a camera to record the scenery and a light lunch to enjoy on the way. This hike is recommended for children over 10 years old and adults that are in good walking shape. Meet at the Park Office/Trading Post. Cost is $5 plus $5 parking. For more information, call 706-557-3001
• Constellations by Carriage at Hard Labor Creek State Park from 7-8 p.m. and 8-9 p.m Hard Labor Creek is a great place for star-gazing. Relax on this guided carriage ride by the beach. Meet at the Park Office/Trading Post. Call 706-557-3001 to pre-register, as space is limited. $5 plus $5 parking.
Friday, Dec. 13
• Full Moon Carriage Rides at Hard Labor Creek State Park from 7-8 p.m. and 8-9 p.m. The meeting place will be the beach parking lot. $5 plus $5 for parking. For information, call 706-557-3001
• Free Community Holiday Concert at the Madison Morgan Cultural Center at 7 p.m. For more information, call 706-342-4743.
Saturday, Dec. 14
• Holiday Parade followed by Caroling By Candlelight at Town Park – MMS 706-342-1251
• Full Moon Carriage Rides at Hard Labor Creed State Park from 7-8 p.m. and 8-9 p.m. The meeting place will be the beach parking lot. $5 plus $5 for parking. For information, call 706-557-3001
• Geminid Meteor Shower “The Heavens’ Last Hurrah of 2013” at Hard Labor Creek State Park from 11 p.m. to 1 a.m.. Bring a lawn chair, a thermos of your favorite warm drink, and a cozy blanket, as you enjoy some of winter’s best constellations. Pre-registration is required. Meet at the beach parking lot. $5 plus $5 for parking. For more information, call 706-557-3001
• Christmas Rush Classic Road Race 5K, 8K & 1 Mile Fun Run. For more information, call Rusty Ewing at 706-342-4900 x21.
Saturday, Dec. 21
• Atlanta Audubon Beginners Bird Walk at Hard Labor Creek State Park from 2-4 p.m. The field trip is designed for anyone interested in learning more about birds, habitats critical to some species and organizations like the Audubon Society, which are dedicated to bird conservation. Meet at the Park Office/Trading Post. Cost: $5 parking. Call 706-557-3001 for more information.
• Saturnalia Campfire Celebration at Hard Labor Creek State Park from 7-8 p.m. Saturnalia was a festival held by the ancient Romans that honored “Saturn.” Celebrated during winter’s shortening of days, it was a time of celebration, stories, and fun. Enjoy S’mores, stories of the ancient festival, and winter tales. $5 parking. Call 706-557-3001 for more information.