Morgan County Sheriff’s Office
• On Sept. 18 an information report was filed at a Nolan Store Road location after a woman reported that persons had been posting threatening messages on Facebook. According to reports, the complainant said she felt threatened by the messages which, in part, regarded anyone speaking poorly of a woman who had been struck by a vehicle. The woman said the family that posted the messages "have a potential for violence." One message stated "Ain't it the way it goes all the time but if one person says a bad word about (the woman) they better run like Hell, we can't get him but his supporters are dust."
• On Sept. 19 a criminal trespass complaint was filed at a Perryman Road, Buckhead, location after a man reported that someone had attempted to break into his house. Reports state that the back door had been tampered with.
• On Sept. 21 a simple assault complaint was filed at a James Street, Rutledge location after a man alleged that his brother had been at the residence and had verbally abused the complainant and threatened him with a golf club. Reports state that a deputy located the brother and found a chrome metal tire iron with a black handle in his vehicle. The deputy confiscated the tire iron for safe keeping. Both men admitted to drinking prior to the incident.
• On Sept. 19 a disorderly conduct complaint was filed at a Saffold Road, Buckhead location after a woman accused another woman of hitting a pregnant woman. According to reports, a woman approached the porch of the residence and made a strong request that people on the porch "keep her name out of their mouths." The pregnant woman countered the statement which incited the woman to invade the pregnant woman's personal space before, reports alleged, she smacked her on the mouth. Several people attempted to contain the combatants, reports state, and one of the persons alleged that a necklace was snatched from her neck, which resulted in a scratch.
• On Sept. 15 an identity theft complaint was filed at a Fawn Field Drive, Buckhead location after a man reported that someone had used his identity to file an income tax return in Florida.
Printed in the September 27, 2012 edition