Law Enforcement • July 12, 2012
• On July 3 Didi Denise Crutchfield, 32, Madison was arrested and charged with shoplifting and simple battery after she allegedly took seven Rimmel eyeliner tubes, six Milani eyeliner tubes, one Revlon tweezer set and one Salon Perfect eye lashes set from a Eatonton Road department store without paying for the items. According to reports she also allegedly scratched a store employee when he approached her regarding the stolen items. Reports state that an officer reviewed a video tape of Crutchfield opening the packaging for the items and then placing the items in her purse. Crutchfield told officers, reports state, that she had purchased the items at another store. Video tape also shows her pushing and scratching the store employee near the front of the store after he confronted her.
• On July 7 a burglary complaint was filed at a Micha Way location after a woman reported that someone had kicked open her door and removed a 32” flat screen television. The television is an Emerson model that is valued at $250.
• On July 5 William Carter, 26, Pensacola, Fla. was arrested and charged with carrying a concealed weapon after an officer observed a 9mm pistol in Carter’s waistband that was concealed by a shirt. According to reports, an officer was called to an Eatonton Road convenience store after an employee at the store reported a man with a gun. The employee stated that Carter was attempting to secure a ride to Monroe and that the employee’s co-worker had agreed to give him a ride until he told her that he had a gun. The officer located Carter in the store and asked if he had a weapon and Carter allegedly said yes and moved his hand towards a bulge in his waistline. The officer withdrew his weapon and ordered Carter to stop moving. The officer then secured the loaded gun. Carter told the officer that he had a South Carolina carry permit but he had left the permit in Florida.
• On July 6 Timothy Antwan Chester, 22, Madison, was arrested and charged with criminal trespass after he allegedly was observed by an officer in the area of Orchard Grove apartments. According to reports, Chester was served with a criminal trespass notice for the area on April 27, 2007.
• On July 7 David Robert Helf, Jr., 58, White Plains, was arrested and charged with DUI and interference with a business after he allegedly drove to a Waffle House while intoxicated and cursed at a waitress and at government in general. According to reports, officers were called after Helf allegedly fell outside the restaurant. When officers arrived, reports state, they located Helf sitting on the curb.
• On July 4 Johanna Fornoso, 25, Monroe, was arrested and charged with shoplifting after she allegedly took a six pack of beer from an Eatonton Road grocery store. According to reports, an officer located Fornoso running near the store. Reports state that the officer asked Fornosa from his patrol car if she was “done running.” The officer reported that he located a six pack of Bud Light Platinum in Fornosa’s purse. An employee at the store identified Fornosa as the woman that took the beer and then ran when confronted by the employee.
• On July 2 a burglary complaint was filed at a Micha Way location after a woman reported that someone had broken a back door window, entered the apartment and removed a 19 inch Toshiba flat screen television.
Printed in the July 12, 2012 edition